Friday 6 July 2012

Fish on a plate



Watercolour pencils ( blue and purple ) on watercolour paper with wash and sepia ink splattered. Approximately A3 size.

This is done very quickly because I realised that I did not want to take the fish out of the paper, let alone stare too long at these dead creatures. They are on a plate which is covered by the paper.



I started with blue water coloured pencil, followed by purple. Washed roughly. drawn into with blue and purple. Splattered with sepia ink and drawn into with a goose quill picked up in a field.


I have not got enough detail in the fish and I have not shown the light shining on the scales. The paper is roughly drawn and not accurate. Instead, I went for the composition, the freshness and the despair of the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment