Monday 18 June 2012

Sketches on IPad of Animals


 The first sketch of Kate's peacock. Sitting on the windowsill looking smug.
This was a very quick sketch as the peacock was moving away just as I got my IPad out. I really wanted to get the angle of his head.

















Very quick sketches of the peacock displaying its feathers from the front and then, more interestingly, from the back. He was turning round and as he turned he showed this amazing flurry of fluffy feathers and the humour of the contrast with the posing and then the ridiculous backside more more obvious.



A couple of hens...

I found this very difficult as they were moving so fast and I did not know how to do it! I need a lot of practise at this!


















Eric Bloodaxe asleep.. This was easier as Eric was still. I wanted it to show the angle of his head, tucked into his body with the sense of relaxation that comes from deep sleep.




























This was done using the app, sketchbook, instead of brushes. I liked the ability to get the texture, colour and then lines on top. It was a more sophisticated app but took longer to learn how to use it.

On the whole, I really enjoyed drawing with the IPad but I have only touched the surface ( no pun intended! ) and I think it will take a lot of practise to master in order to have more choices.
Drawing animals, however, will take a lifetime and will be constant work in progress.




1 comment:

  1. Love the two sketches of Eric. :) You can tell you love him!

    ReplyDelete