Friday 18 May 2012

Thought for the day

So far I have done the exercises, followed the instructions and done what I was told. However, I am aware that I am not doing anything original or inventive. Perhaps it is enough to just get through the studies but think more about the assignments. I need to improve my drawing and also learn about the different media. This is not going to happen overnight and there is a lot of practice to be done. Thinking of something original to say whilst battling with coloured pencils is perhaps not necessary!

I have seen many students have fantastic ideas but let themselves down on the drawing and this course is about drawing skills not concept skills. Perhaps the ideas will come when I start thinking about naturals forms and how to decide on what to do after I have mastered flowers and animals. Perhaps not! Knowing that it is on my mind I will be more aware and keep it in mind while constantly reviewing composition of everything I do.

 So far my compositions have been very similar and consist of objects herded together, taking up most of the space on the paper. It might be time to review that and include more of the surroundings and place objects in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment