Thursday 19 April 2012

Thought for the day

Today the book, Drawing Projects by Mick Maslen and Jack Southern, arrived. I wish I had read this months ago. I was struggling to read Drawing Now Eight Propositions and could not get my head around the concept that drawing was a noun. This, for me, set the tone for the whole book which seemed to be so intellectual that I could not appreciate the content. To call drawing a noun needs to be justified, argued and presented which it was not.
Drawing Projects, however, is going to change the way I draw and see. It is stimulating, helpful, imaginative and invaluable. 
Nevertheless, what I have produce so far is where I am now. Change is what I want and that can only be seen from a given place and so, much as I want to start every exercise again, I am sending in what I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment