Monday 16 December 2013

Self portraits

I decided to try a self portraits using the same way of painting that I used to paint the jam jars. One layer of paint next to another, hardly any drawing but trying to get the relationship of colours to work better.


 The first one looks a little more like me. Rather solemn and a bit grim but that is perhaps what I appear to be when concentrating.
To me it is a better likeness but friends have said not.
The second is not finished yet but, Although the resemblance is not there, I feel it is going to be a better painting. A lot has to change, my face is not long enough, not enough shape and a few unresolved bit such as the scarf and my mouth.

I need to do several of these to experiment with composition and colour.















This has been tweaked more to get the definition of the face better in balance with the rest. At least it is not as grim as the first one.. Still more to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment