Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 2 at Leith

Today was spent at Port Seton, first hour mooching around, eating bacon rolls and getting a feel for the place.
I decided that I could not resist being as near to the sea as possible. Rocks galore, pools, gulls and sea.
The weather was grey but rain stopped by 11am. sunnier as the day progressed.
The formation and angles of rocks was intriguing and the sense of time, solidity of rocks compared to the transparency of water, was something I never tire of.

The brief is to get rough ideas this week, think about it for a week and come back next week to get more information and solidify any thoughts.

I decided to put as many of my sketches a possible onto this page. Two five minute sketches a day come to a lot. Some were rubbish, some slightly better. However, this is for the record not to be judged!


 This sketch was done with my left hand ( less dominant) and in three minutes.


                                                 Sketch done in fifteen minutes.
Same sketch but done in 5 minutes.
           

                                  One minute looking at the subject. Two minutes drawing from memory. Three times..


Sketch of the other side of the muslin.





                           Margaret, working in the dark!


Lynne trying my Viol.  Three minutes.

                    Prayer flags in my garden.


Clothes and my glasses. Three minutes



                                                     Empty bottle. Five minutes.



















Day out at Port Seton.

First attempt at the rocks and it got rather fiddly.





 This time I tried to get the over all direction and movement of the formation.

Got down to the rocks, sat on one, tried to get more information but found it too much to see and kept losing my place.

                           

                    More of the angles of rocks from higher up plus attempts at sketching the gulls.


More detail of rocks closer to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment