Wednesday 19 December 2012

Assignment 4 Figure drawing

This is put together in a rush and the two drawings chosen from a selection of many figure drawing done in the last few months.

I realise that I have not done a line drawing of a seated figure but I hope that my other drawings show an indication of my use of line.


This is Kate relaxing. Drawn from a sketch as she was recovering from lunch. A2 paper and charcoal.
I have done many versions of this drawing under the entry
"pushing my boundaries" but decided to submit this as it was the simplest.

The seated figure is Michael who had so many body piercings that this was the only view I felt I could tackle. It was done with brown oil paint on A2 shiny card, then drawn with a rag. I realise that it does not show my skill with line but my only drawings that work well with line are A4 and done very quickly.

These are the only two drawings that show any indication of the surroundings as I tend to focus more on drawing the figure correctly than making a composition at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment