Friday 30 March 2012

Boxes and books

I found that drawing to get the perspective correct meant having a very steady hand. Mine was not! Apart from the vertical lines wanting to in all directions, it took several attempts to get one line in the right place.
The ellipses were harder. Each circle seemed to veer to the top right. My hand did not adjust to what I saw. It took several lines to get anywhere near the correct shape and I realised how much I relied on the rubber to create the outline. Being more used to painting, I would normally blocks of colour to define the shapes rather than line.




The shopping items I will probably do again. I was quite confused as to how to use colour without tone as  I see tone as intrinsically tied up with decisions about complementary colours, etc.
 It seemed pointless as I did not have a plan as to whether to treat it as design, use only three colours, try to make it three dimensional by trying to mix colour, or just colour it in. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment